Followers

Monday, November 16, 2015

I treasure you

Hello folks, I am up with a card which I just finished. Actually I started this yesterday night, and the remainder part was gonna take some time, so decided to complete it this morning, once everyone left home for school and work.
I bought some stamps during the weekend in Hong Kong, and wanted to try some. I used the rings stamp from Hero Arts, and heat embossed it in silver. I stopped here yesterday night, as I wanted to sew on the card.
Today morning, I started with drawing the string, and pierced the paper, and use a the thick silver string to sew. Needling this twine took me forever, as it not a regular sewing thread. It is a tying string. I had to redo all the holes - just had to make bit bigger. and sewing took some great amount of time as this thread  is pretty hard, and won't fold in on its own. Anyways, I am glas, I managed to sew it without damaging the card stock.
I stamped the sentiment, I really don't know the stamp company. It is a collection of some lovely adjectives, I picked up each piece individually and stamped. Used a few silver rhine stones. I added a silver card stock to frame the front, and used foam adhesives for the front panel. I am happy with the finished look.



A close up at the embossed rings.

Linking this with:

CAS-ual Fridays
Going with silver this time.

The Mixed Media Card Challenge
A family gift... Simple but has some sewing, embossing and stamping on it.

CASology
A gift giving.

 Inkspirational
Just silver here.

Virginia's View Challenge
Did sewing and embossing for texture.
Before I go, leaving with a picture of our weekend cruise, and Christmas decorations on Hong Kong buildings.



Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

 

10 comments:

  1. Rahmat, this is SO beautiful! Unique, amazing, beautiful!!!! The silver embossing is perfectly paired with the silver stitched thread...a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! (Thanks for sharing your photos, too...also beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea to stitch the silver thread, such a clever and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Rahmat! What a clever idea and beautifully executed! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week, and I must say, that cruise looks a bit exciting, as do your Hong Kong lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever card and beautiful , too! Looks like you had fun on that cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative and beautiful card! Very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great textured design with your sewn 'necklace' and pretty embossed rings! Looks like you had a lovely vacation! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card challenge - Family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is really stunning!! I'm sure it took a while, but your results are so worth it here!! I just love that darling photo you've shared too!! ;) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple, stunning & super elegant Rahmat :)
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "Anything Goes with Silver" challenge.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooow your card again with stitch
    I remember the winner one at CASology last time and this one a winner card too
    very cool family Photo you look so beautiful mom Rahmat
    love this post

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a clever clean & simple card!!! soo pretty too! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC this month!

    ReplyDelete