Followers

Monday, August 18, 2014

Weaved cards

I am back home from India after spending 6 weeks away from my craft supplies...its great to be back, I have not just returned to my craft supplies,  but also to the daily chores of the, "lady of the house" ;)...the entire household looks like we have relocated to a new home...will have to bring everything in order before my kiddos helping hands get back to school next Monday!!!

Ok now to the cards. I am sharing two cards today. I had used weaving on both the cards. The first one up is a simple weaved card.
The colors and layout both are inspired by two challenges.

I chose to work with white, I added a white panel, which is cut out in 3 different rectangular sizes. 
Chose blue and orange strips to do the weaving. I sponged the top and panel with a blue and orange ink and finishing it off with my custom made stamps, and a few blings.




A closer look at the weaving!

Linking this card with 

The weaving pattern has small squares on it, and the front panel consists of three different rectangles.


Worked with the stated colors only!



-----------------------------------------------------------


The Second one up is a very complicated weaved card.
It is actually a weaved heart pocket, to which I had modified into a card.
You need to weave the heart pocket first, and then I simply(not really :) ) cut one end to open up, and adhered it to a heart card base.
I added some punched hearts, and stitches, and another heart with a ribbon bow as embellishments

I took pictures with two different backgrounds!


This card can stand on its own, but this is how it looks, kind of sideways.


A closer look at the front weaving and added work!

Backside weaving!


Since I couldn't take a picture of the weaving, I am sharing my practice weaved pocket, this is how it looks - no joints, it is a single weaved pocket.

for this card, I just slit one side up to open it.

Linking this one with

I would have added few more cards, if time permitting, I make many different types of shape cards,  but didn't have much time for this challenge! But glad that I have another entry here :)


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. Truly FABULOUS! I love paper-weaving and your heart shape card is gorgeous, Rahmat! welcome home BTW! Glad to hear that you are home safely! So happy that you made the Virginia's View Challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weaved heart id so folksy pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such original cards - lovely! Thanks for playing along this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your weaving! What a fun touch on your card. The orange and turquoise look great for that technique! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Rahmat. Your paper weaving is wonderful. What a great take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete