Followers

Monday, April 21, 2014

Chicken nuggets with Indian twist!

Chicken nuggets is any child's favorite dish, correction even adults too ;)
I am very particular about food, I am not a foodie but yes it is a big deal to me, about how the food is made?, under what conditions?,  what oil and what not... So most of the time I cook my own food unless I am traveling.
 This dish is an all time family favorite, and I am happy to let my kiddos munch on it since it is not deep fried as the usual chicken nuggets.


 
Ok, lets look at the ingredients.
You will need:
750 gms of boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
4 pods of crushed garlic(use more if the garlic is tiny)
4" crushed ginger
1tsp red chili powder
1 pack bread crumbs
2-3 eggs whisked
 salt to taste
a steamer
mincer
oil for deep frying for later on

Procedure:
1. Put the steamer on the stove for at least 10 minutes before you start.

2. Add the chicken, ginger, garlic, red chili powder and salt - mince all to a paste.


3. Spread the minced paste in the steamer, not too thick nor too thin either, and steam it for 10-15 minutes, till the chicken is cooked.



4. The steamed chicken hardens up pretty nicely, now cut it in desired shape.
(I sometimes cut a burger patti size and save it for burgers too).
Repeat the steaming and cutting till you are done with all your chicken paste.


5. Dip the cut chicken nuggets in whisked eggs, and roll in the bread crumbs and stack it in a container. 
6. Once all done, store it in the freezer, the nuggets need to be completely frozen  before they are ready to be fried.


7. Heat a small pan with around 2 TBsp oil, and remove the nuggets from the freezer(take out how many pieces you need), and fry immediately, till golden brown on each side.

That's it!
It is very simple, needs more preparation time than cooking, but it is worth the effort. I usually do it only once a month. I make double the size of what I had mentioned here. It sits in your freezer, and you can use it as and when.

Hope you try and enjoy this darling dish.

Thank you for stopping by, have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Wow.. that's such a cool recipe! I need a steamer now.

    ReplyDelete